Let’s face it, there is little to compare with fine antique jewellery and if you are looking to acquire that special piece for your partner, here are some classic jewellery pieces that you might like to consider.
- Eternity Ring – The classic 3-diamond line, with a slightly larger central stone is every woman’s favourite; ring stacking is all the rage right now and the Art Deco eternity ring sits nicely with an engagement and wedding ring. Start by finding the website of a leading antique dealer and see what they have in their catalogue. The meanings of the ring are numerous, with loyalty and devotion being just two things an eternity ring symbolises. The Internet hosts a wealth of information if you are interested in knowing the origins of the eternity ring.
- Single Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring – The time-honoured traditional single diamond engagement ring is perhaps the most popular jewellery piece ever designed. You can check with your local antique shops or search online. There are antique dealer Kalmar Antiques and several others will offer you precisely what you’re looking for. There isn’t a woman alive that wouldn’t love to receive such a classic diamond engagement ring; all you need to do is discover her wedding finger ring size. You might want to consider filming the proposal, then you can both look back at the event many years from now. YouTube hosts some great examples of how to propose, which might bring some inspiration.
- Vintage Charm Bracelet – If she doesn’t already have a charm bracelet, that should be next on your list. Even if she has one, no woman is going to refuse a vintage charm bracelet, with its own unique story behind it. The Art Deco era produced some stunning charm bracelets, with coloured gemstones and unique charms that you can add at a later date. The charm bracelet is the only jewellery piece that can always be added to; even when full of charms, you can swap around. When you visit the antique dealer’s website, use the search functions to find charm bracelets and you can view the entire collection.
- Vintage Bangles – Art Deco is the era, with inset gemstones for added colour. Yellow or rose gold is a popular metal used in this period, with stunning entwined bands with lots of sparkle. For any woman who is looking to add some class to her jewellery collection, Art Deco bangles are a perfect choice. There are so many different designs; you can choose a single, thick band of gold, several separate bangles or even mixed metal bangles, which are unique.
- Diamond Droop Earrings – If you are looking for the perfect anniversary gift, look no further than a pair of droop diamond earrings. If you are a vintage or antique jewellery collector, you can take your valuables for repairs & valuations to a leading antique dealer and should you be looking for something special, they are the people to approach. Whether you prefer coloured or clear diamonds, there are some stunning creations from the 1930s, so you will find a pair that are ideal your cocktail dress look.
The above designs are just some ideas; whether shopping for yourself or your partner, the online antique dealer has you covered. From bangles to diamond engagement rings and everything in between, the online jeweller has global connections, so if you are looking for something specific, he or she would probably be able to locate it.