When you have a newborn one of the things you need to learn is how to calm them down. Babies face a new environment so they tend to be always afraid and start crying. This is where your muslin swaddle blanket comes into the picture.
Why should you swaddle your newborn? What are the benefits of swaddling? Why should you use muslin blankets?
Being a new parent is a lifechanging phase. But the more that you learn about your baby, the easier it gets. Read below to see why muslin blankets are good for newborns.
Why Swaddling Makes Your Baby Get Better Sleep
Some parents don’t swaddle their newborns because they are afraid of endangering them. Contrary to that many babies respond to swaddling in a positive way. Not only would it make them happy, but it will make you happy as well. A baby that sleeps well also gives the parents time to rest.
- Swaddling can improve a newborn’s neuromuscular development
- Swaddling can reduce the occurrence of SIDS
- Your baby sleeps longer when swaddled
- When your newborn experiences distress, swaddling can help soothe them
- Swaddling can lessen your baby’s crying episodes
Why Should You Use Muslin Blankets?
Once you’ve decided to swaddle your newborn, you should then get a muslin blanket. Why does it need to be of muslin fabric? Won’t any other blanket work? There are reasons why muslin textures are well recommended.
- It gives your baby warmth and breathability. The fabric is also stretchy which lets your baby move around the swaddle.
- It is almost weightless. This means you can cover up your baby without having to wake them up.
- There are double layered versions for colder months.
- It functions well as a sunshade. You can also use them in strollers, travel cots, car seats, nursing covers and more.
- It can also function as a burp cloth or puke rag. It is reliable and easy to carry around.
- It can be a changing blanket especially outside. When you need to change your baby’s diapers, you can use muslin blankets to cover any surface to lie your baby on.
- It can be a pool towel or a play mat when you take your baby out to the pool or during playtime.
Why Getting a Muslin Is Your Best Baby Gear
If you want something that you can use anytime and anywhere muslin fabrics are the best. Of course one of their primary uses is in swaddling. But you can use them in a variety of emergencies. This is something that not all other baby blankets can offer.