So, if you have landed on this article, it is safe to assume that you have secured a position at a dreamy Australian uni! While we are happy for you, we must also warn you of what lies ahead: A howl lot of sweat!
The journey ahead would need you to be fully responsible. You would now have to look after yourself. Starting with looking out for your own accommodation! To make that easier for you, we are going to tell you to look for off-campus accommodation. No, we aren’t unaware of the fact that your uni would also offer on-campus accommodation, which is the case with most Australian colleges. However, there are certain perks that your on-campus housing won’t offer. Following are a few reasons why you should consider off-campus living, read on:
- More fun: There is no denying it! When you live in a free apartment or an off-campus rental, you get more opportunities to have fun. You could throw a party, have your friends over, and the adventure continues for all your college life. However, with on-campus student dormitories, the lights shut early. No outsiders allowed! The scope for having fun is pretty limited! Why would you want to live like that?
- More relaxed: The on-campus housing solutions ar every strict about these rules on who can come and when can they leave, these rules can land you in trouble if not followed to perfect precision. With your apartment, you don’t have to worry about it. You could also look out for PGs or hostels, anything off-campus will be less particular.
- Independent: When you rent out an apartment all on your own, you have to pay the monthly bills, you have to learn cooking and other necessary livelihood chores. This may sound like a lot of adult duty, but anyway, when you get your job, you will have to get down with this! Better start now, plus, independent life can help you gain your self-confidence and pride.
- Cheaper: Noone would tell you this, but on-campus accommodation isn’t always the most financially good option. If you begin your house hunt early on, you may even find good spots near the uni in almost a fraction of the rent. Plus, when you cook your meals, you get the option of saving on the cafeteria cost, which is how most on-campus hostels look after your food. Moreover, the food int he cafeteria isn’t so great either, at your place, you get the perk of cooking for your own heart’s satisfaction.
- More options: There are so many better places outside. For example, if you’re looking for a place in Queensland, you could go online and look for student housing on websites and rentals such as Iglu Student Accommodation. From a 1RK studio to a 3 BHK, you would find all the economic options in your vicinity just a click away.
- Off-campus: The fact that you would get to be outside the un campus is the biggest perk. When you go for an on-campus placed accommodation spot, your chances of getting out of that campus to get little! However, in a new country or state, you don’t want to spend all your time cramming up the books. Being in an off-campus place would allow you to travel. The very commute from the place to your school would make you notice so many things.
We hope this article has been a helpful guide on why off-campus student accommodation is good for you.