It is officially fall, and it’s that time of the year when there’s the air is fresh and those chilly breezes, brush beneath your clothing, the leaves start to change colour and families start coming together to celebrate the upcoming holidays.
The suggestions below by Acorn Stairlifts, are safe full activities that can involve all the family, including grandparents.
- Make Decorations: You can find a wide variety of DIY decoration ideas on Google and Pinterest. Some fall decor examples are: a fall leaf garland, ribboned pumpkins, and centerpieces. It’s also a good way to incorporate those coloring pages you made!
- Make Festive homemade goodies: Baking isa common activity to do with grandparents or family members. You can find fall-friendly easy goodies to make online.
- Prepare for Halloween trick-or-treaters: Halloween is approaching, so if you plan on handing out candy, have an older adult help you. They can prepare different goody bags to pass out or help decorate the house to welcome the trick-or-treaters.
- Enjoy the natural Air: As the weather starts to cool down during the fall season, take this opportunity to embrace it, and enjoy the great outdoors. If mobility is an issue, try cracking open a window or relaxing on a porch or in your backyard.
- Fall-themed coloring pages: You can never be too old for coloring, as it’s an activity anyone can enjoy no matter their age. You can enjoy it alone or together and specialists also say that coloring is a good stress relieving activity.
- Work on a fall-themed puzzle (or any puzzle for that matter): Solving puzzles is a great way to bond with the family. Cozy up on the table with a warm cup of your favorite drink and celebrate the season. These puzzles don’t have to be fall themed but doing a fall puzzle can get put you a more festive mood.
Leave a Reply