The tap water system in Western Australia is considered competent by world standards. According to Health Information for Western Australians (HealthyWA), the region has one of the lowest instances of water-borne diseases across the globe, thanks to the fact that a majority of Western Australians receive potable water from licensed and strictly regulated water supply systems.
Nevertheless, tap water still isn’t the preferred option of a lot of Perth residents, and many have opted to invest in water filtration systems to improve the taste, odour, clarity, and nutrient content of their drinking water. However, even when armed with the best intentions, many first-time water filter buyers make one rookie mistake: they assume that all water filtration methods are interchangeable, and that one type of water filter can stand in for another.
Truly, this is not the case. To reap the most benefit out of your water filtration system, you must choose a one that best suits your intended application. If you’re in the market for water filters for your home, office, school, or other application, here are some tips to make the best out of such a purchase!
- Decide what your priority is with regard to filtering out certain water impurities. What differentiates individual water filtration systems on the market today is their efficacy in screening out certain water impurities. For example, one type of water filter may have a filter medium with a pore size of 1 micron as opposed to another with a 5-micron capacity. That means that the former is better equipped to filter away impurities of more minuscule sizes over the latter.
Following this line of logic, you should also choose a type of water filter that adequately screens impurities for the people drinking it. For example, you should invest a little more in a very fine filtration system if your house is home to growing children, elderly family members, or those whose health is particularly susceptible to water-borne disease.
- Learn about the different filtration methods and how they work. Yet another key differentiator of water filters is the method that they use to purify your drinking water. The most common methods are active carbon filtration (using chemical absorption to remove contaminants from water), distillation (separating inorganic compounds from the water via evaporation), and reverse osmosis filtration (removing ions and other particles from the water with a semi-permeable membrane). Reading up about these methods of water filtration—and how the water filter product functions along a certain method—will likely guide you to the right kind of product to purchase.
- Align your choice with your space and budget constraints. Some water filtration products, such as hot and cold dispensers, demand a little floor space. Others, like in-line under-the-sink filters and filtered taps, may not demand as much space but require that you reconfigure your plumbing system for them. Choose the kind of water filter that delivers on the purpose you need it for, without consuming too much of your budget or space allotment.
- Learn about the type of maintenance your water filtration system will require. Buying a water filter and related water filter accessories is not a one-off, maintenance-free purchase. Once you acquire your own water filtration system, you will need to dedicate time and resources to monthly maintenance tasks, such as switching out old filter cartridges for new ones, or maybe cleaning the filter’s catchment container itself. It would also be a good idea to ask your supplier what the monthly cost of owning a water filtration product will be so that you can designate part of your budget accordingly.
- Source water filters and accessories from a reputable supplier in Perth. For the most trouble-free acquisition of a water filter, and for subsequent needs like maintenance and repair, your best bet is to partner with water filters Perth specialists. The right professionals can recommend the best product for your circumstance, make the overall installation easy, and make good on their promises to keep your water filter in good condition. Search online or ask for recommendations from a friend!
With these tips at your disposal, choosing the right water filtration system need not be a daunting task anymore. Here’s to purchasing one soon, and ensuring the good health and refreshment of everyone who will use it!
Leave a Reply