Have you ever noticed that there are the same amount of letters in the words "Happy Halloween" and "Merry Christmas?"
Welp, call me Eintsein. It is true! I made some festive blocks for Halloween, and all you do is flip them over and decorate them for Christmas on the back side. Kinda nifty, especially if you go straight from your Halloween decorations to your Christmas decorations!
See? Here they are for Halloween...
... and with a quick flip, they are instantly Christmas decor! (I haven't finished decorating the Christmas side yet, but you get the idea)!
Here's how I made them:
1. I started at Home Depot... I bought some wood and had the guys cut it. I got 5 large blocks and 9 small blocks, (sized 9x5 and 4x3 inches, respectively).
2. Brought them home and gave them a light sand.
3. They each got a coat of black acrylic paint from Deco Art.
4. I sanded them again to rough them up a little. I did not stain them, but you certainly could at this point.
5. Then I cut the letters "Happy Halloween" and "Merry Christmas" using this vinyl, and my Silhouette machine.
6. Last, I mod podged scrapbook paper onto the large blocks, applied the vinyl stickers, and added a few ribbon and paper medallion decorations.
Here's a peek at the other Halloween decorations in our house this year. I made the printable in the frame below, and you can download it free, here!
So do you want a Silhouette vinyl giveaway + some other discount bundles?
I am so excited to be working with Silhouette to bring you the very last giveaway in my blogiversary bash! Before we get to the giveaway, here are a bunch of bundles that they are offering at discounted prices this month. It took me a couple of years to save up for a Silhouette, and I can say I really love it! I am still learning how to use it... and this was a really easy project to do! I have had a great experience with their vinyl and all products!
To order any of these bundles, see Silhouette Bundles, and enter promo code: EVERAFTER
This offer is valid until Oct, 31, 2012.
Again, to order any of the above deals, visit here.
Use this code at checkout: EVERAFTER
NOW FOR A GIVEAWAY:
HERE'S HOW TO ENTER:
Use the easy form below. It might take a few seconds to show up. It's very easy- you'll sign in with either your email or facebook (I keep all that info safe and secure), then follow the prompts. No need to leave any comments on this blog post.
All Blog Bash giveaways are still open until Oct. 30, and the winners will be announced on Halloween! You can find a link to each giveaway on the left sidebar.