How to Mend a Hole in Jeans:
1. Cut away all the frayed threads.
2. My neighbor brought a patch with him. So, you'll have to find a patch from another pair of jeans, or at the fabric store (it can be denim or anything colorful and funky)!
3. Place the patch under the hole. Match the diagonal pattern of the denim with the jeans and the patch. Pin the patch to the jeans. (Don't pin the bottom layer of the jeans)!
4. Put the leg of the jeans on your sewing machine. No, I did not have to rip out a side seam! Hooray!
5. Set your machine to a zig zag stitch. Treat the patch like a rectangle shape. When it comes time to pivot, leave the needle down.
6. It was a little tricky pivoting all the way around the patch, but it can totally be done! I made good use of the backstitch button, and if I couldn't sew all the way around, I backstitched to where I needed to get. Does that make sense?
7. Now take the pants off your machine, and turn inside out.
8. Trim off the excess fabric from the patch.
9. Ta-da! Almost as good as new. :)
Oh, and here's my neighbor. We love him like family. We have the best neighbors all around us. We are truly blessed!
Linked up to some of these great parties! See my huge list of link parties HERE!Monday: CraftOManiac*MMM*Market Yourself*Motivate Me*Craftastic*Just Something I Whipped Up*More the Merrier*Made By You*Making the World Cuter*Project Parade*Common Cure*HomeMade*Make SomethingTuesdays: Tip Me*Sew Cute*Take-a-Look*Show Me What Ya Got*Talent*Get Your Craft On*Running With Glitter*Ta-da*Home Stories A2Z*Creative Creations*Nifty Thrifty*Talent ShowWednesdays: Your Whims*Inspired By You*CreateandShare*We Did It*Show and Tell*Sugar and Spice*Tea Rose Home*Whatever Goes*Show&Share*Lil Luna*Crafty Sasse*Who's Got Talent*What I Whipped Up* What I Wore*These Chicks Cook*RemodelaholicThursdays: Strut Your Stuff*Hookin Up*Catch a Glimpse*The Idea Room*Things I've Done*Creative Juice*Transformation*Little Boys*Pinsperation*Sweet Treats*Make It Wear It Friday: I'm Lovin It*Feature Yourself*Pity Party*Remodelaholic*Delicately Constructed*Blissful*Freestyle*504 Main*The Crafty Nest*Flashback*Creative Genius*Edit My Pic*For the Kids*Dressed on a Dime*Flair*Friday Favs*Frugal Friday*Sassy Sites*Show and Share Day*Follow Me*Fantabulous Friday*Weekend Wrap-Up*Once Upon a WeekendSaturdays: Whatcha Got Weekend*Saturday Night Special*Show and Tell*Lovely Crafty Weekend*Scraptastic Saturday, Sundays: Sundae Scoop*Nifty Thrifty*Simple Things*Sunday Showcase*Think Pink Sundays*Weekend Warrior