Worth the effort, and worth the calories. These are sooo good. (And have always reminded me of the American girl doll I had when I was little. Kirsten Larson, from Sweden. I'm part Swedish too).
Swedish Pancakes with Orange Butter Sauce
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
4 TB butter
pinch of salt
1 cup flour
If you thought a dozen eggs sounded like a lot, I always double or triple this recipe. The cold-straight-out-of-the-refrigerator-leftovers are so good.
1. Beat eggs.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients and mix.
3. Pre-heat flat frying pans on medium heat, spray with Pam.
4. Cook on both sides. Roll while still hot.
1.5- 2 pounds butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Melt butter in a saucepan.
2. Slice and juice oranges. Strain.
3. Add juice to butter, stir.
4. Sweeten with sugar to taste. Serve hot.